Legal aid is when legal assistance is provided to people in Glasgow who are unable to afford legal representation and access to the court system.
Applying for legal aid help to pay for your solicitor to act for you in court. It covers all of the preparation work as well as the court hearing itself and it can provide funding for advocates and experts if required.
Legal Advice & Assistance
Legal assistance can be used in a number of different instances, for example, to try and settle a dispute for you without having to go to court.
As well as being able to advise you on the matter that you have, one of our solicitors can:
- Advise you on whether or not you have a legal case to take forward
- Negotiate on your behalf with the other party to try and settle the matter
- Advise you on whether or not you have to apply for legal aid to take the matter to court
- Write letters for you or get medical/expert reports
- Apply on your behalf for legal aid
Solicitors in Glasgow
We are solicitors based in Glasgow who have experience in dealing with both civil and criminal cases.
There are only some people who just need advice and assistance whether there are others who need just legal aid and some of them need both. Many people tend to start the legal process with advice and assistance who then move on to legal aid.
One of our team of solicitors will happily discuss your case with you and give you advice, assistance and representation if required. Simply give us a call and we will arrange for you to come into our offices in Glasgow today.